Friday, April 10, 2009

Writer's Block

How is it that I have become so caught up in the words that other people have written, the lyrics in songs that I feel say what I was trying to say, that I have lost my ability to write my own? I read or hear something beautiful, and instead of inspiring me, I let it intimidate me. Someone else has already said something so beautiful, it gives me writer's block to think of how my words will never measure up, and writing has always been at my core. If I can't write, I don't know what else to do. But I don't know how to write my words, not a sad imitation of something I heard once and fancied, when I'm too scared that my own won't be good enough.
So for now, I just write; stumble through words and hope that one key word will open up that block and I'll be able to write freely again.

No comments:

Post a Comment