Tuesday, April 6, 2010

The brightest, dimmed.

Of your betrayal the wounds left behind a proud face whisper.
Consummate the loss of faith; your artistry in dissimulation, with quick erasure of history, as though the moments never happened, as though nothing was lost, for lack of existence. And I, moonstruck for remembering "false" happenings. Eager naivety pervading my perceptions, shepherding my pure trust in you. The absolute faith so strong as to warrant sacrifice and risk, anything-everything to preserve you.
You, who in your courting captivated my every attention, soothed my every fear and brightened every shadow with your careful reassurances; in turn, capturing more of myself than ever has been entrusted to another, then taking that bit in a slow deliquescence, and fading away, without so much as an admittance to any aberration from the past.
You, the brightest and I, so easily forgotten.

No comments:

Post a Comment