Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Brian Andreas

I think I'm drawn to the quotes, sayings, stories that I relate to, that I dream of, that say something I want you to understand, that define what I want to be. These all mean something bigger than their words. Can you imagine what?


"When she played her music even the night demons stopped their work & it took them some time to remember what it was they were doing & the best of them had no stomach for it for a long time after that."


"I'm an outsider by choice, she said, but I'm hoping that won't be my choice forever."

"They came to sit & dangle their feet off the edge of the world & after awhile they forgot everything but the good & true things they would do someday."

"You have to not care either way about it, she told me, & when you wake up in the middle of the night with anxiety attacks, it's best to lie & say it's because you thought you heard something downstairs"

"In those days, we finally chose to walk like giants & hold the world in arms grown strong with love & there may be many things we forget in the days to come, but this will not be one of them."
"The thing about money is you can't think about it too much, he told me, or you won't sleep at night & you get dark circles under your eyes & nothing seems fun any more. I told him it was that way with a lot of things & he nodded & said, yeah, but with money it makes sense."


"She seemed to move everywhere dancing & music followed her like leaves on the wind."


"I saw them standing there pretending to be just friends, when all the time in the world could not pry them apart."


"We sat in the car & the night dropped down until the only sounds were the crickets & the dance of our voices & for a moment the world became small enough to roll back & forth between us."


"I promise you not a moment will be lost as long as I have heart & voice to speak & we will walk again together with a thousand others & a thousand more & on & on until there is no one among us who does not know the truth: there is no future without love."


"She laid on my chest & her breathing filled me almost to beyond what I could hold."


"It's hardest to love the ordinary things, she said, but you get lots of opportunities to practice."

"Impossible yoga position but she likes to have goals that no one else can imagine, so they'll shut up about how they understand exactly what she's going through"

"When she played her music even the night demons stopped their work & it took them some time to remember what it was they were doing & the best of them had no stomach for it for a long time after that."

"I will always remember the day the sun shone dark on your hair & I forgot where we were & kissed you lightly on the nose & suddenly there was no more secret."


"When I first met him, I knew in a moment I would have to spend the next few days re-arranging my mind so there'd be room for him to stay."


"liking each other because it's a beautiful day & it seems like a waste of time to disagree about stuff the other one is refusing to change out of sheer stubbornness"

"In the heart of the world there is a place that holds the secret names of the rocks & the trees & all the children of the earth & around it gather women & men who hold it dear & each night they stand together to keep it safe for as long as it takes till morning comes & no matter what you have been told, this will always be so, in the heart of the world."


"He sneaked through the world like night itself & never gave himself a chance to love."


"I asked her why she never told us about the Ten Commandments & she said she wasn't ever that good with numbers so she loved everything as best she could & I remember thinking who needs all those rules anyway with a mother like her around."






www.storypeople.com

No comments:

Post a Comment